I’m Still Listening. Let’s Envision the Future Together.
It has been an honor to serve all of Nacogdoches public schools during my first term as District 4’s school board trustee. It has been an eventful three years, and as we look toward the future, I hope we will focus on what has been accomplished by our teachers, students, staff, and families. Together, and because of our community, NISD is a stronger district today than we were in 2018.
My commitment to the district and the community is a priority. I will continue to work toward educating myself to be a well-informed trustee.
- NacISD Board Secretary 2019-2020.
- 5th Grade Graduation speaker: Nettie Marshall 2019 & 2018; Raguet 2019.
- BQJ Elementary Volunteer 2020, 2019: Tutor, 2nd grade Bilingual reader, sign maintainer.
- Carpenter Elementary Volunteer 2020, 2019, 2018: Library, reader, tutor, sign maintainer.
- Battle of Bluebonnet Books Volunteer 2019, 2018.
- NHS Project Graduation Volunteer 2019.
- Presented Vaping Seminar at Board Meeting, December 2019.
- NacISD Board Member during 2018 School Bond passage.
- Additional Volunteer work at: NHS, Nettie Marshall and Raguet.
- Stop The Bleed Certification at TJR.
Texas Association of School Boards (TASB)
- Over 260 hours of TASB training completed.
- Master Trustee Leadership TASB 2020. First Nacogdoches county trustee to complete training.
- TASB Board Officer Academy 2019.
- Citizen’s Police Academy Graduate, Nacogdoches Police Department 2020.
- Nac Chamber of Commerce Education Committee, LOT volunteer 2018-2020.
- Harold House Bilingual Volunteer 2019, 2020.
- Crime Conference Angelina College 2019.
- Disaster Relief Bilingual Volunteer Alto, Texas, 2019.
- Daily Sentinel Advocacy Letters to the Editor: Treasure Chest of Hope, Seeing the Public Servant, Dragon Hearts, Digital vs Analog Education.
- Nac Public Library Día de los Muertos Honorable Mention Spanish Poem 2019.